Friday, October 3, 2008

Countdown......

Well, hello there!

So, I have less than 14 days left in the States, and the realization of that hit me hard yesterday. 7 weeks is nothing in the course of a lifetime, but it seems that a lot of things are going to be happening in the specific 7 weeks I am gone. A wedding, a major U.S. holiday (the first spent away from family EVER), my birthday, other close friends birthdays, a national election that may determine whether or not I just stay in India, the start of the Christmas season, various work and volunteering events I would have liked to have been at - all sacrificed for this chance to travel halfway around the world and have my life pretty much given over to individuals I have not yet met. I'm a very independent person and I pretty much like to take care of things my way (mmm, control freak). But, I'm confident in the abilities of those taking care of things for me overseas, so I suppose this work trip will also give me a few life lessons along the way (which may secretly be why I really wanted to go anyway).

So now, I'm scrambling to get as many loose ends tied up before I leave and shop and pack and finish projects at home and still hang out and still try to SLEEP (the latter has evaded me as of late), so I'm sure I'll still be scrambling on the morning of 16th when I leave. But my heart is a'pitter-pattering with the anticipation of visiting India and really being immersed in a culture unlike my own. Here's hoping I gain something bigger out of this.....

1 comment:

Barbara and Kevin said...

I have probably been a reason for the lack of Sleep, or at least I was for an entire weekend....But at least we know we still got it in us.

You will be missing alot of little things, but its nothing that won't happen at the same time next year...On the other Hand, spending 7 weeks in India is not a yearly occurance.

Enjoy yourself and I'll look forward to updates. :o)

~B (The other B)