Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Weekend!!!

So my trip is coming to an end, and this weekend I stayed in Hyderabad for once!! :P

Saturday we went out to the movies with some of the staff and rotators (Anand, Mary and Johnathan from Belgium)and saw Eagle Eye at the IMAX. The first 5 minutes made me slightly uncomfortable, but the rest of the movie was good. There's lots of stuff blowing up, and I had no idea that Billy Bob Thorton was in the movie, so I was pleasantly amused. Seeing the Chicago skyline and Quincy and Wilson stops made me all "awwwww, I miss home", but I'll be seeing that skyline in just 6 days!! :)

After the movies, we tried to go to the Salarjung Museum and our stupendous driver got lost TWICE. The Salarjung Museum is one of the most well known places in Hyd, and it's even in our expat "Need to Check this out" booklet, and this guy had no idea where it was. After Jonathan and I both yelled at him to just take us back to the hotel, we took a much needed break, and then headed out the F Cafe to celebrate the birthday of one of the executive managers. She was turning 4 and was so ridiculously adorable - I bought her coloring books and Jonathan bought were a marker/crayon stationary type thing, and Mary, Anand and Katrina from Indy bought her books and stuffed animals. She had a cute little toy train birthday cake that was tasty too, and a good time was had by all.

After dinner, Jonathan was itching to go out, and after the Mumbai stuff, none of us were to keen to go out. I gave in though, and said ok. So we got ready and headed out. All the clubs we tried were closed, so we took it as a sign to just go back.

We get into the Novotel, and hear crazy music coming from the bar - looks like all the Tollywood/Banjara Hills kids came to our freaking hotel to chill! So after getting over the fact that we wasted time looking at other spots, we joined the crowd and had a nice time dancing like no body would ever see us again, since it's the honest truth!! :P

Today I went to church for the last time, chilled at Ravindar's house and had breakfast with him and his wife, and then spent WAY TOO MUCH on some do das and trinkets, and a lovely blue pashmina that I couldn't say no too. :/

So tonight me and Jonathan are going to meet up with Rakesh and his wife Aditi to see the long awaited Dostana movie. There are no subtitles, but I think I can get through the general concepts of the movie. If the soundtrack is any indication, I am going to dance throughout the whole movie.



Peace out!

No comments: