Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week 3

Wow, did week 3 go by in a blur. I can't believe I've already spent three weeks here, hanging out, doing stuff.

So, my return flight home was confirmed Tuesday night, and I'm sure that made my mom happy (even though she would vote Republican if she could). I an eager to see what change will come, knowing full well that it will be a tough battle ahead.

I spend most mornings debating whether or not to work out, whether to eat breakfast or not, whether to watch MTV India or read - really tough decisions here. My snooze button usually wins, I gripe about the weight I'm not losing, and I am totally in love with this song.

Work flies by - training, side trip planning, lots of questions, lots of snacks. I was invited to a wedding, so I went crazy shopping over the weekend with Sana (yay - she's here!) - sarees, bangles, jewels - oh my! We also went to Charminar, where the Belgian King closed it down to the public (jerkface) and by the time it had reopened, we were finished. We checked out the new T.G.I.Fridays and we all had a ridiculous meal. Appetizers, soup, entrees, fab dessert - and I wonder why I'm not losing weight? We also gossipped about rotators and expats, and how some people seem to forget who they are when they come here.
This week is an Exec visit, so I need to be on my best behavior here. :P more training, a big project and side trip to Singapore (YES!) in the works. and of course, more of this malarkey. peace out.

No comments: